Keep your legs warm and fashionable with this free crochet leg warmers pattern. Designed specifically for adults, these cozy leg warmers are perfect for chilly days and can be easily customized to match your personal style.
Whether you’re looking for a practical accessory or a trendy addition to your outfit, this pattern has you covered. With detailed instructions and basic stitches, even beginners can create these stylish leg warmers in no time. Get ready to stay warm and stylish all season long with this fabulous crochet pattern.
Also, before you go, be sure to check out my many other free crochet patterns!
Beginner. Basic stitches in basic form. Simple repeats in rounds.
- H/5 mm crochet hook for leg warmer
- G/4 mm crochet hook for ribbing
- Worsted weight yarn (#4). I used Lion Brand’s Feels Like Butta in Ice. My leg warmers weighed 75 grams/2.65 oz each.
- Tapestry needle
- Stitch markers
Ribbing: 17 rows = 4 inches
Leg Warmer: 9 rounds = 4 inches
Leg Warmers Sizing
You can adjust this pattern to fit your own leg circumference. You want the ribbing to fit snugly around your leg.
For reference, my leg circumference just below my knee is 12 inches. I made my ribbing 45 rows long to fit snugly around my leg.
- the top ribbing and the leg warmer are worked seamlessly
- the bottom ribbing is made separately and then sewn on
- ribbing is worked flat in the back loops only (blo)
- leg warmers are worked in the round
- the ch 2 at the beginning of each round of the leg warmer does not count as your first dc
- At the end of each round, you’ll join your yarn with a slip stitch (sl st) to the first stitch made in that round.
- Repeat instructions between asterisks (*) for the remainder of the round.
- dc = double crochet
- sc = single crochet
- st = stitch
- sts = stitches
- sl st = slip stitch
- ch = chain
- chs = chains
- rnd = round
- rnds = rounds
- rem = remaining
Single Crochet (sc)
- Insert hook in next stitch.
- Yarn over and pull up a loop. You will have 2 loops on your hook.
- Yarn over and pull through both loops.
Double Crochet (dc)
- Yarn over and insert hook in next stitch.
- Yarn over and pull up a loop. You will have 3 loops on your hook.
- Yarn over and pull through 2 loops. You will have 2 loops on your hook.
- Yarn over and pull through remaining 2 loops on your hook.
Ribbing for Leg Warmers
Make 2 for each leg warmer
G/4 mm crochet hook
Row 1: ch 11, sc in the 2nd ch from the hook and in each rem chs, turn (10 stitches)
Row 2: ch 1, sc in each st blo, turn (10 stitches)
Rows 3- 45: repeat row 2 (10 stitches)
You may need to work more or less than 45 rows depending on your own leg circumference.
Fasten off for the first ribbing. For the second ribbing, join in the round.
Crochet Leg Warmers Pattern
You are now working in the round.
Rnd 1: ch 2, dc once in each row of the ribbing, join (45 stitches)
Rnd 2: ch 2, dc in each st, join (45 stitches)
Rnds 3- 32: repeat rnd 2 (45 stitches)
You may need more or less than 32 rounds depending on the length of your shin. At round 32, my leg warmer, including the top ribbing, measured 16″ long. Fasten off.
Sew the bottom ribbing to the leg warmer. Make sure each stitch (45 stitches) from the leg warmer matches up with a row from the ribbing (45 rows).
Use your tapestry needle to sew the seams for the top and bottom ribbing.